This policy applies to personal information we hold about individuals, sole traders and partnerships. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations.
Ignite Social Enterprise LP (“Ignite”) is controlled by Centrica plc. Both Centrica plc and Ignite believe it is important to protect your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy, and tells you certain things we will not do.
1. Collecting information
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you apply for financial investment and/or business support, in which case this may include your personal details, your financial details, your education and employment details, family details and lifestyle and social circumstances.
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us.
- From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
- Please note that some of the personal information we hold about you may be ‘sensitive personal data’ within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 – for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
Information you provide or we hold about you may be used by us or our agents (or both) to:
- identify you when you contact us;
- help identify investments or support that you may require from us from time to time. This identification process may be carried out by an automatic scoring system, which takes account of the information you have provided, any information we hold about you and information from third-party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- help run, and contact you about improved management of, any investment or support that we have provided before, or provide now or in the future;
- carry out marketing analysis and investor profiling (including with transactional information) and create statistical and testing information;
- help to prevent and detect fraud or loss; and
- contact you in any way (including mail, email, phone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about investment and support offered by us and selected business contacts. We will only contact you in this way if you have previously shown your consent.
We may also allow your information to be used by other Centrica Group companies (including those using the British Gas, Scottish Gas, and Dyno Group brands) for them to carry out any of the above purposes.
We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in this document, and that they have not objected to the uses of their personal information described in it. If you give us sensitive data about yourself or others (such as health details or details of any criminal convictions of members of your household), you agree (and confirm that the relevant subject of the information has agreed) to us processing such information in the manner set out in this document.
3. Protecting information
We have strict security measures to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures and encrypting (encoding) data on our websites.
4. The internet
Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
More detailed information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org
The cookies used on ignitesocialenterprise.org are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories:
- 5.1.a Strictly necessary
- 5.1.b Performance
- 5.1.c Functionality
- 5.1.d Targeting
More information about cookies and our approach to each cookie category is detailed below.
5.1.a Strictly necessary
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
We do not use ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies on this website.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don’t collect any information that could identify you all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use performance cookies to…
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs of our website
Using our site indicates that you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We do not use ‘Functionality’ cookies.
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties where this is the case we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
Preventing these cookies may mean we can’t offer you some services, and will reduce the support we can offer you. It’s also possible that preventing these cookie stops us remembering that you didn’t want a specific service.
You can disable these cookies by following the instructions below in section 5.2.
‘Targeting’ cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as ‘Like’ buttons and ‘Share’ buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
We do not use targeting cookies on this website.
5.2. How to control and delete cookies
We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit that you and Ignite social enterprise LP gain from their proper use is worthwhile. You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your Internet browser. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by ignitesocialenterprise.com, or indeed any other website, or if you wish to receive notification of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Please be aware that declining or denying cookies may prevent you from being able to use the website to its highest capability.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
6. Further information