You should apply if you need some help to get your idea or business plan investment ready. The most successful applicants will:
- Have an idea that needs a little polishing to get investment ready
- Be in energy or an energy related sector
- Be UK based with social impact in the UK
- Have potential to become financially sustainable without grant income
- Eventually be looking for investment between £50k and £2m in 2015
- Fulfil a clear need and demand
- Have clear outputs and goals
- Be run by an individual aged 16 or over and living in the UK
- Be able to attend the pitching events and pre-investment programme in June and July
If you’re interested in learning who was part of our investment readiness programme in 2014, please click here.
Come and meet us
We will be holding a number of drop in sessions around the country to give you an opportunity to meet the team, learn more about Ignite and to talk to us about your application. Please find dates and locations below (venues will be updated shortly):
Exeter 21st April 2015 – Renewable Energy Marketplace 2015, Westpoint Arena, EX5 1DJ 10am – 4pm
Cardiff 22nd April 2015
Nottingham 22nd April 2015
Worcester 22nd April 2015 – Bishop Fleming offices, 1-3 College Yard, WR1 2LB 1pm – 4pm
Manchester 23rd April 2015 – Core Technology Facility, Grafton Street, M13 9NT 8.30am – 12 noon
Newcastle 30th April 2015 – Newcastle University Business School, 5 Barrack Road, NE1 4SE 10.30am – 2.30pm
London 30th April 2015 10am – 4pm
Glasgow 6th- 7th May 2015 – All-Energy 2015, SECC Glasgow, G3 8YW 9am – 5pm
To visit us at one of the locations above and to give us an idea of numbers, it would be helpful if you could email the team at email@example.com indicating which session you would be interested in attending and at approximately what time. Don’t worry, you won’t be held to either if you are unable to attend!
How to apply
To apply for mentoring, pre-investment support and a chance at £50k – £2m investment:
Stage 1: Fill in our short application form in no more than three pages, and optionally upload a two minute video. Once complete, please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you via email to confirm receipt of your application.
Stage 2: If your application is successful, you will be invited to pitch your idea to, and receive feedback from, a panel of experts (either in London or by video conference from sites around the UK).
Stage 3: The most successful pitches will receive a package of pre-investment support to get your business ready to pitch for investment from the Ignite Investment Committee, including:
- A Centrica mentor to oversee the support programme
- Theory of Change coaching by an industry expert
- Individualised business support and development workshops
- Introductions to the Ignite network of ambitious energy-related social enterprises throughout the UK
Please find an overview of key dates below:
Applications open 13th April 2015
Final deadline for applications 15th May 2015
Notification of application outcome: 22nd May 2015
Pitching events to panel of judges: 2nd or 4th June 2015
Pre-Investment Programme (Egham, Surrey): 5th-8th July 2015
We look forward to learning about your bright energy ideas!
For further information, check out our FAQ’s..
Not right for you?
If Ignite is not for you, take a look at this list of other funding opportunities.