You should apply if you need some help to get your idea or business plan investment ready. The most successful applicants will:
- Have an idea that needs a little polishing to get investment ready
- Be in energy or an energy related sector
- Be UK based with social impact in the UK
- Have potential to become financially sustainable without grant income
- Expect to be looking for investment between £50k and £2m in 2017
- Fulfil a clear need and demand
- Have clear outputs and goals
- Be run by an individual aged 16 or over and living in the UK
- Be able to attend the pitching events and pre-investment programme in February, March and April 2017
If you’re interested in learning who has joined our investment readiness programme, please click here.
Come and meet us
Register your interest by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know when we’re near you.
How to apply
To apply for mentoring, pre-investment support and a chance at £50k – £2m investment:
Stage 1: Register your interest in the Big Energy Idea 2017 by contacting us on email@example.com.
Stage 2: Application forms will become available from early December 2016. Information we’ll be asking for includes: what your idea is; the social benefits of your activities; how you’ll generate a financial return; your core team; how Centrica’s money and people will enable your idea to grow.
*No business plans, financials or additional information will be necessary at this stage*
Stage 3: If your application is successful, you will be invited to pitch your idea to, and receive feedback from, a panel of experts.
Stage 4: The most successful pitches will receive a package of pre-investment support to get your business ready to pitch for investment from the Ignite Investment Committee, including:
- A Centrica mentor to oversee the support programme
- Theory of Change coaching by an industry expert
- Individualised business support and development workshops
- Introductions to the Ignite network of ambitious energy-related social enterprises throughout the UK
Please find an overview of key dates below:
Register your interest in the Big Energy Idea 2017 now!
Applications now open 2nd January 2017
Final deadline for applications 31 January 2017
Notification of application outcome: w/c 6 February 2017
Pitching events to panel of judges: w/c 20 February 2017 (London plus one other further North tbc)
Pre-Investment Programme: 26th – 29th March 2017
We look forward to learning about your big energy ideas!
For further information, check out our FAQ’s.
Not right for you?
If Ignite is not for you, take a look at this list of other funding opportunities.