You should apply if you need some help to get your idea or business plan investment ready. The most successful applicants will:
- Have an idea that needs a little polishing to get investment ready
- Be in energy or an energy related sector
- Be UK based with social impact in the UK
- Have potential to become financially sustainable without grant income
- Eventually be looking for investment between £50k and £2m in 2015
- Fulfil a clear need and demand
- Have clear outputs and goals
- Be run by an individual aged 16 or over and living in the UK
If you’re interested in learning who was part of our investment readiness programme in 2014, please click here.
Not right for you?
If Ignite is not for you, take a look at this list of other funding opportunities.
How to apply
To apply to pitch at our Oxford Roadshow on 20 April 2015:
Stage 1: Simply complete our application form in no more than three pages, and optionally upload a two minute video. When you’re done, email the form to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you to confirm receipt and will let you know the outcome of your application by 7 April. The closing date for application is Friday 27 March.
Don’t wait to apply. We’re offering early acceptance to the best applications received before 13 March.
For further information, check out our FAQ’s..
Stage 2: If your application is successful, you will be invited to pitch your idea to, and receive feedback from, a panel of experts, on 20 April in Oxford. You could also take advantage of 1:1 coaching sessions with Centrica’s commercial managers, accountants and social enterprise experts.
Stage 3: The most successful pitches will win a package of pre-investment support to get your business ready to pitch for investment from the Ignite Investment Committee, including:
- A Centrica mentor to oversee the support programme
- Theory of Change coaching by an industry expert
- Individualised business supoort and development workshops
- Introductions to the Ignite network of ambitious energy-related social enterprises throughout the UK